Lakewood Forest Fund and Texas Pride Disposal -
Proud Partners in Providing Superior Solid Waste & Recycling Services to Your Community!
Texas Pride Disposal is proud to be Cornerstones MUD's solid waste and recycling collection provider. Below you will find information on how to request your solid waste containers, details on how to properly prepare your waste for collection, and your recycling program.
Follow the collection guidelines below to ensure your waste is collected safely and efficiently each service.
- Service Days:
- Trash: Wednesday & Saturday
- Recycle: Wednesday
- Trash: Wednesday & Saturday
- Each home is provided with one 18-gallon recycle bin. Residents may use personal trash cans or bags for garbage.
- Service will occur between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Place recycle in the bin provided by Texas Pride Disposal, old recycle bins, or containers clearly labeled RECYCLE.
- NEVER PLACE RECYCLE IN PLASTIC BAGS. Recycle placed in plastic bags is not opened or separated. It is simply removed from the stream and sent to the landfill as contamination.
- Do not place plastic bags or Sytrofoam in the recycle cart.
- Acceptable recyclable items include clean paper, cardboard, paperboard, plastic bottles and jugs, glass bottles and jars, and aluminum and tin cans. For a full list of acceptable recyclable material, please click here.
- Household Garbage:
- Place trash in personal trash cans 20-95-gallons or bags under 50 pounds.
- We recommend bagging your waste in plastic bags before placing it in your cans. This allows for quicker service and maintains a cleaner container.
- Heavy Trash:
- Two heavy items collected EVERY service day.
- Heavy trash/bulk waste includes waste that is not generated on a regular basis, including:
- Furniture (couch, table, mattress, box spring, desk, dresser, etc.)
- Appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc.)
- Hot Water Heaters
- Fencing/Decking/Siding (please remove nails, cut into lengths 4' or less, and tie and bundle under 50 pounds, limit eight bundles per service day)
- Trampolines (broken down, please place metal with recycling if possible)
- Basketball goals (broken down into sections 4' or shorter, no concrete in base or poles)
- Carpeting/Flooring (please cut into lengths 4' or shorter and tie and bundle under 50 pounds, limit eight bundles per service day)
- Yard Waste
- Place grass clippings in cans or bags under 50 pounds
- Branches should be placed in CLEAR, INDIVIDUAL piles measuring no larger than 3' x 3' x 3', or tied and bundled and under 50 pounds. Limit eight bundles per service day.
Unacceptable placement of branches: piles is larger than allowed and not tied and bundled
Acceptable placement of branches: individual piles that crews can wrap their arms around to load easily.
If you have a larger than usual amount of household waste, bulk waste, or yard waste, contact us in advance and we can provide you with a quote for disposal or direct you to resources that can properly assist your disposal needs.
Items Not Accepted for Regular Collection
The following items can be collected for a negotiated price. Please contact Texas Pride Disposal to have a representative provide you a quote for collection services.
Household Hazardous Waste
If trying to dispose of hard-to-handle items such as fuels, oils, and chemicals independently, contact your county hazardous waste facility.
Or by phone at:
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am - Noon