Fort Bend County MUD No. 2 and Texas Pride Disposal -
Proud Partners in Providing Superior Solid Waste & Recycling Services to Your Community!
Texas Pride Disposal is proud to be Fort Bend County MUD No. 2's solid waste and recycling collection provider. Below you will find information on how to request your solid waste containers, details on how to properly prepare your waste for collection, and your recycling program.
Follow the collection guidelines below to ensure your waste is collected safely and efficiently each service.
- Service Days:
- Trash: Monday & Thursday
- Recycle: Thursday
- Texas Pride Disposal observes three holidays: New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. In the event a service day falls on a holiday, service will roll to the next regularly scheduled collection day.
- Carts Provided:
- Trash: Black cart with black lid
- Recycle: Black cart with gray lid
- Service will occur between 6:30 am and 6:00 pm.
- Place recycle in the cart provided by Texas Pride Disposal, old recycle bins, or containers clearly labeled RECYCLE.
- NEVER PLACE RECYCLE IN PLASTIC BAGS. Recycle placed in plastic bags is not opened or separated. It is simply removed from the stream and sent to the landfill as contamination.
- Do not place plastic bags or Sytrofoam in the recycle cart.
- Please flatten cardboard and place inside or next to your cart.
- Acceptable recyclable items include clean paper, cardboard, paperboard, plastic bottles and jugs, glass bottles and jars, and aluminum and tin cans. For a full list of acceptable recyclable material, please click here.
- Household Garbage:
- Place trash in the cart provided by Texas Pride Disposal. Overflow should be placed in personal cans 20-95-gallons or bags under 50 pounds.
- We recommend bagging your waste in plastic bags before placing it in the cart. This allows for quicker service and maintains a cleaner cart.
- Heavy Trash:
- One heavy item collected EVERY THURSDAY.
- Heavy trash/bulk waste includes waste that is not generated on a regular basis, including:
- Furniture (couch, table, mattress, box spring, desk, dresser, etc.)
- Appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc.)
- Hot Water Heaters
- Fencing/Decking/Siding (please remove nails, cut into lengths 4' or less, and tie and bundle under 50 pounds, limit six bundles per service day)
- Trampolines (broken down, please place metal with recycling if possible)
- Basketball goals (broken down into sections 4' or shorter, no concrete in base or poles)
- Carpeting/Flooring (please cut into lengths 4' or shorter and tie and bundle under 50 pounds, limit eight bundles per service day)
- Yard Waste
- Place grass clippings in cans or bags under 50 pounds
- Branches should be placed in CLEAR, INDIVIDUAL piles measuring no larger than 3' x 3' x 3', or tied and bundled and under 50 pounds.
- Up to 6 bags/bundles of yard waste allowed per service.
Unacceptable placement of branches: piles is larger than allowed and not tied and bundled
Acceptable placement of branches: individual piles that crews can wrap their arms around to load easily.
If you have a larger than usual amount of household waste, bulk waste, or yard waste, contact us in advance and we can provide you with a quote for disposal or direct you to resources that can properly assist your disposal needs.
Items Not Accepted for Regular Collection
The following items can be collected for a negotiated price. Please contact Texas Pride Disposal to have a representative provide you a quote for collection services.
Household Hazardous Waste
If trying to dispose of hard-to-handle items such as fuels, oils, and chemicals independently, contact your county hazardous waste facility.
Or by phone at:
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am - Noon